Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Is my last name "Beruvides" of Celtic origin?

Some of my relatives/ancestors moved to Cuba from Europe after the slave trade was outlawed to avoid being thrown in jail but I can't find anyone in Northern Spain that has this name. The closest I can find is "Benavides". My sister says we are "creolle" or something like that from Northern Spain. Sorry for being so ignorant about my heritage...but I want to find out. Also when I went to Spain I noticed that I was white as hell as compared to other Spaniards ESPECIALLY in the south. I looked albino compared to them :) Please help...thanks.

Is my last name "Beruvides" of Celtic origin?
I looked around the internet a little, and had no luck beyond what you found I imagine.





My suggestion and thought is that maybe the name was changed at some point. If you did come from another country then when you got here it is possible that the name was changed when you got to America.





I'm very sorry that I can't help you out more. All I can say is ask your parents, or grand parents, they might know a bit more, and might be able to tell you where you came from. I'm sorry I can't be of more help, but I honestly hope that you find your origin. Best of luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment